Latest Npower news is posted here to update our readers on latest latest happenings about the Npower program.
For your daily Npower news and updates, kindly drop your email address in the contact form to receive all latest Npower news.
Npower news: Npower Disengaged 500,000 Beneficiaries
Federal Government had in latest Npower news announced its disengagement of 500,000 Npower beneficiaries from the Npower program, the disengagement will only affect the batch A and batch B of the the Npower beneficiaries.
The Npower program was set up by the President Buhari administration to tackle unemployment in the country has so far benefited over 1 million youths and has help reduced unemployment rate in the country.
So far, Npower program has addressed the challenges of youth unemployment by providing a structure for large scale and relevant works, skills acquisition and development while linking its core and outcomes to fixing inadequate public services and stimulating the larger economy in the Nigeria.
Why Npower Disengaged 500,000 Beneficiaries.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, in his statement noted that the need to provide opportunities for new beneficiaries led to the decision of disengaging the batch A and B beneficiaries of the scheme.
How Many People Has Registered for Npower 2020 – Npower News
According to Npower news, within 48 hours, Npower has received over 1 million registrations across the country, the rate at which the application flocked in also led to the decision of sacking 500,000 beneficiaries.
“That opportunity will be denied them if we do not create the space for them to take part,” the minister said in his statement.
The minister urged all affected persons to remain calm and not the Federal Government’s action as punitive, stressing that the outbreak of Coronavirus as thrown the country into a very challenging condition.
“The Nigerian economy, like most economies around the world will require a boost to recover from the economic effects of the pandemic. She said.
“This is the major reason why we have commenced enrolment of Batch C, which is providing opportunities for more Nigerian youths to gain skills for employability and entrepreneurship.
“It is also providing a pipeline of skilled workers to help rebuild the economy post-COVID 19. She added.
“So, the transitioning and exit of Batch A& B, which begins today, June 30 and which terminates on July 31, is not a punitive action.
“It is rather a proactive intervention to help upskill your brothers and sisters and assist them further along on their journey through life.” The minister said.
The minister expressed gratitude towards some members of the Batch A and B scheme, which started in 2016, had gone to set up businesses at their various communities from their savings accrued from the program.
She said, “at the last count, over 109.823 beneficiaries from Batch A & B have gone on to set up businesses in their communities, underlining and highlighting the impact and imperative of the N-Power programme.”
On 26th of June, 2020, Federal Government announced that Npower program will be opened for its 2020 application to help give employment to Nigerian youths.
Are interested in applying and benefiting from the monthly stipends of Npower? if you are the below link will help apply successfully for the Npower 2020 program.
While applying for Npower program, take note of the following:
Applicants must be a Nigerian
Applicants must be 18 year and maximum of 35 years of age
Applicant must have a valid identity card
Applicant must submit a clear passport photograph
Npower is not only for those that has gone to school
If you are graduate, you must upload your NYSC discharge certificate.
Click on Apply now to start your registration APPLY NOW
For your latest Npower Npower news, kindly drop your email on the comment/contact box below.